Whether you are planning ahead for the traditional season of gift-giving or are thinking about corporate gifts for another reason, here are some suggestions to help you get the most out of your gift spend.
1. FIRST, CHECK THE NUMBERS
How many gifts do you need? It's the most basic question of all, but it affects the kind of gifts you select as well as your budget. You also want to make sure nobody is left out and everyone who is entitled to a gift gets one. Corporate gift baskets are a great idea if you're not sure how many employees a partner or client may have. And, while gifting is great for your business, make sure you have a handle on your budget before you order. Most companies have a gift budget that stays consistent from year to year. Our customers tell us that 48% of them spend $25-$50 on each gift, with 21% spending $51-$100, and 15% either spending less than $25 or more than $100.
2. MAKE YOUR LIST AND CHECK IT TWICE
In addition to celebrating a holiday or rewarding employees for a job well done, business gifts also provide an incentive to new members of your team. And, while custom logo items make great holiday gifts for employees, you may also want to reward clients and strategic partners.
3. FIND THE RIGHT GIFT
While employee gift ideas can include logo apparel, even small promotional giveaways or custom items go a long way to create a positive impression and provide a tangible reminder of your brand. In fact, promotional items with logo imprints are very popular with consumers, so they're ideal for clients and partners. For example:
- Promotional bags generate an average of 3,300 impressions throughout their lifetime, 73% of consumers own them, and 50% are more likely to do business with the advertiser that gave them the bag.
- Custom, logo drinkware is owned by 78% of consumers, and a promotional mug or bottle generates 1,400 impressions through its lifetime of use, which typically lasts 12 months.
- A custom work polo shirt generates 2,300 impressions over an average of 13 months, and 76% of women keep promotional polos because they find them attractive.
- Logo outerwear garments like jackets or custom logo work vests make an incredible 6,100 impressions over their lifetimes, and 70% of consumers who own these items keep them for a year or longer.
(Source: Advertising Specialty Institute, Global Ad Impressions Study, 2019 Edition)
Here at Lands' End Business, you'll find an extensive collection of logo apparel that's ideal for gifting and onboarding new employees, from polos to fleece layers. We also provide a carefully curated selection of promotional items chosen for their quality and utility.
4. CONSIDER CO-BRANDING
Co-branding clothing or promotional gifts is a great way to reinforce your relationship with a partner or client. Your brand partners will appreciate that you think enough of the relationship to celebrate it with a quality gift.
5. GET AHEAD OF THE RUSH
Are you purchasing gifts for a holiday, special event or other deadline? Ordering early ensures the best selection of products and stress-free application of your logo. When ordering from Lands' End Business, keep in mind that most orders for established logo art ship in 7-10 days. Allow extra time for new art work or art work that needs to be modified to satisfy a different fabric or style. Also, be aware that sometimes new and innovative promotional products in high demand do go fast. Don't be left behind!
6. WHY NOT GIVE THEM A CHOICE?
Depending upon the gift you choose, you may want your employee gift to be a surprise. However if you're giving logo apparel, offering the recipient a choice takes the guesswork out of sized items, and helps ensure that they like the gift. Program certificates from Lands' End Business are a great option for gifting—they work just like cash, allowing employees to order the gifts they really want.
However you choose to reward your employees and customers, we're here for you with quality gifts, expert logo application and the best customer service in the B2B market. Stop by our online store and start shopping for your company gifts today.
- Corporate gifting for beginners
- A guide everyone needs for corporate gifting
- Business gifts: What are they and which are the best?
- Here's how to budget your corporate gifts
- This is why corporate gifting matters